CLTA's 110th Annual Convention
Silverado Resort & Spa
May 21-23, 2017
On behalf of the CLTA Board and staff, thank you for attending CLTA’s 110th Annual Convention at the Silverado Resort & Spa in Napa, CA. The CLTA sincerely appreciates the continued support of all of the industry sponsors and attendees. Please continue below for the electronic versions of the presentations made during the Business Program held on May 22, 2017, along with other convention highlights.
CLTA Elects New Officers:
The CLTA Board of Governors and membership at large elected the following Officers to serve from July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018.
- President - Jeff Kerns, Yosemite Title Company
- 1st Vice President - Kevin Chiarello, Fidelity National Title Group
- 2nd Vice President - Dia Demmon, North American Title Company
- Treasurer - Dennis Wolfe, First American Title Company
- Immediate Past President - Steve Tjaden, Old Republic Title Company
CLTA Industry Awards:
- Presidential Award:
- Paul E. Flores, Fidelity National Financial
- Cynthia Long, Old Republic National Title Insurance Company
- Honorary Membership:
- Robert Cavallaro, Stewart Title Guaranty
CLTA congratulates these hard-working title industry leaders! CLTA is honored by the many contributions each of these individuals has made to the CLTA and to the California title industry.
Business Program Presentations:
- ALTA Update
Daniel D. Mennenoh, ITP, NTP, ALTA President, H.B. Wilkinson Title Company, Inc.
- PANEL: Title Insurance and Cannabis
Steve Tjaden, Old Republic Title Company
Laura Lowe, Old Republic Title Company
Nicole Howell Neubert, Clark Neubert LLP
Jason Horst, Wendel Rosen Black & Dean LLP
Rob Selna, Wendel Rosen Black & Dean LLP
Platinum Sponsor Presentations:
This year, the CLTA-PAC has raised over a total of $73,000 for the CLTA-PAC. This was raised through CLTA dues along with tickets sold for the CLTA-PAC Wine Tour, CLTA-PAC Golf Tournament, CLTA-PAC Silent Auction and corporate and personal contributions (see links below).
If you would like to make a personal or corporate contribution to the CLTA-PAC, please click HERE.
This year, the CLTA raised over $2,700 at the 7th Annual CLTA-PAC Silent Auction. The CLTA gives a HUGE THANK YOU for the following donations...
- Apple Watch - Series 2 (Value: $430) donated by Cal-Sierra Title Company
- San Francisco Giants vs. San Diego Padres – 2 Tickets (Value: $235) donated by Title Resource Guaranty Company
- San Francisco Giants v. Minnesota Twins - 4 Tickets (Value: $172) donated by Steyer Lowenthal Boodrookas Alvarez & Smith LLP
- Two bottles of 2014 Daou Vineyards ''Soul of a Lion' Cabernet Sauvignon (Value: $130) donated by Steve Tjaden
- 2014 Stag's Leap Wine Cellars Cask 23 Cabernet Sauvignon (Value: $275) donated by Dennis Wolfe
- Three bottles of 2012 Silver Oak Cabernet Sauvignon (Value: $300) donated by Peg Larson
- Oakland A's vs. Cleveland Indians – 4 Tickets (Value: $204) donated by Old Republic Title Company
- San Francisco Giants vs. San Diego Padres – 2 Tickets (Value: $370) donated by Old Republic Title Company
- 2010 Quilceda Creek Columbia Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (Value: $213); 2015 Kosta Browne
- Russian River Valley Pinot Noir (Value: $108); and 2014 Broken Stones Rhone Blend Paso Robles (Value: $146) donated by Donald Partington
- Smart Fitness Watch FitBit Blaze (Value: $179) donated by Patrick Mann
- Squaw Valley Condominium for 3 Nights (Value: $750) donated by Margery Lee
If you haven't had a chance to review the 2016/17 CLTA Annual Report you can do so HERE.
Finally, thank you to all of the Sponsors of the 110th Annual Convention - we could not hold the annual convention without their support! For a list of this year's Platinum, Gold and Silver sponsors, please click HERE.
See you next year!