Fraud in the Real Estate Industry, My How It Has Changed,
September 12, 2018 * 11:00am-12:00pm PST
Brought to you by CEA and CLTA
* Lisa A. Tyler | National Escrow Administrator, Fidelity National Financial, Inc.
* Tom Imperiale | Senior Underwriting Counsel, First American Title Insurance Company
- Mortgage fraud was the biggest crime we had to defend against?
- Sellers drawing against their line of credit the day before closing was one of our biggest losses?
- Counterfeit “official checks” being deposited into escrow were one of the biggest scams being perpetrated against our industry?
Now the FBI reports Business E-mail Compromise (BEC) scams targeting the real estate industry are on the rise 1100%. That’s not a typo, from calendar year 2015 to 2017, there was over an 1100% rise in the number of BEC scams reported to the FBI regarding real estate transactions and an almost 2200% rise in the reported monetary loss. I would much rather fight mortgage fraud!
In this Session, we will discuss:
- Real Property theft by imposters
- Using other people's properties as collateral for hard money loans
- Diverted wire transfers
Great education at an AFFORDABLE price! Delivered directly to your office by LIVE WEBINAR!
Cost is only $40.00 per connection (one computer) for members, $65.00 per connection (one computer) for non-members. Price includes 1.0 hours MCLE/PD credit. The registrant will receive access information, handouts and sign-in sheet prior to webinar via email. Registrant will also need to sign and return the sign-in sheet so attendance for those registrants desiring CE credit can be verified.
REGISTRATION AND CANCELLATIONS: Registration fee is for one single connection (one computer). Registrations must be received by September 11th at 4:00pm PST. All cancellations received prior to September 11th will receive a refund less a $10.00 processing fee. NO REFUNDS will be granted on or after September 11th, although registrations may be transferred.