New Laws / New Cases 2019
January 7, 2020 * 10:00am - 11:15am PST
Brought to you by CLTA's Education Committee
* Laura Lowe, Senior Vice President, Regional Chief Underwriting Counsel - Old Republic Title Co.
* Craig Page, Executive Vice President and Counsel - California Land Title Assn.
* Steve Tjaden, Senior Vice President, Operations Advisor - Old Republic Title Co.
* Tom Imperiale | Senior Underwriting Counsel | First American Title Ins. Co.
Join us for a fall review of estates of decedents and probate issues. This webinar will be geared towards all levels and is also a good refresher course for any title professional...
- New Laws
- Amendments to the California Consumer Privacy Act (AB 25 / AB 874 / AB 1355)
- Substitution of Trustee - Refusal/Resignation (SB 306)
- Recording Fees (AB 212)
- Confidentiality in Civil Proceedings (AB 800)
- Defensible Space Abatement Liens (SB 190)
- New Cases
- Dr. Leevil v. Westlake Health Care Center: Will the California Supreme Court overturn an appellate court decision to allow Dr. Leevil to prevail?
- Citrus El Dorado v. Chicago Title: What tort liability do trustees take on when conducting a foreclosure?
- Washington v. Real Time Resolution: Understand the basics of a ch. 20.
- Longview v. Stirling: A judgment lien was filed by a suspended corporation. Is it void or valid?
- Precision Framing v. Luzuriaga: What happens when a mechanics lien claimant files a lien too early?
- Southern California Edison v. Severns: What does “free access” mean?
Great education at an AFFORDABLE price! Delivered directly to your office by LIVE WEBINAR!
Register Online Now! (or Download PDF)
Cost is only $40.00 per connection (one computer) for members, $65.00 per connection (one computer) for non-members. Price includes 1.0 hours MCLE/PD credit. The registrant will receive access information, handouts and sign-in sheet prior to webinar via email. Registrant will also need to sign and return the sign-in sheet so attendance for those registrants desiring CE credit can be verified.
REGISTRATION AND CANCELLATIONS: Registration fee is for one single connection (one computer). Registrations must be received by January 6th at 4:00pm PST. All cancellations received prior to January 6th will receive a refund less a $10.00 processing fee. NO REFUNDS will be granted on or after January 6th, although registrations may be transferred.