Live Webinar: Fraud in the Real Estate Industry, My How It Has Changed
Friday, August 3, 2018
Bulletin 18/19 - 7 | August 7, 2018
CLTA, in conjunction with CEA, is pleased to offer: Fraud in the Real Estate Industry-My How It Has Changed, a 1.0-hour live webinar delivered to your desktop on Wednesday, September 12, 2018 from 11:00am - 12:00pm PST. Participants requesting MCLE or PD will receive 1.0 CE credit for participating in the webinar.
- Mortgage Fraud was the biggest crime we had to defend against?
- Sellers drawing against their line of credit the day before closing was one of our biggest losses?
- Counterfeit “official checks” being deposited into escrow were one of the biggest scams being perpetrated against our industry?
Now the FBI reports Business E-mail Compromise (BEC) scams targeting the real estate industry are on the rise 1100%. That’s not a typo, from calendar year 2015 to 2017, there was over an 1100% rise in the number of BEC scams reported to the FBI regarding real estate transactions and an almost 2200% rise in the reported monetary loss. I would much rather fight mortgage fraud!
In this session we will discuss:
- Real property theft by imposters
- Using other people's properties as collateral for hard money loans
- Diverted wire transfers
Wednesday, September 12, 2018
11:00am – 12:00pm PST
CLTA and CEA Members: $40.00
- Lisa A. Tyler, National Escrow Administrator, Fidelity National Financial Inc.
- Tom Imperiale, Senior Underwriting Counsel, First American Title Ins. Co.
Register Online Now! (or Download PDF)
Great education at an AFFORDABLE price! Delivered directly to your office by LIVE WEBINAR!
Cost is only $40.00 per connection (one computer) for members, $65.00 per connection (one computer) for non-members. Price includes 1.0 hours MCLE/PD credit. The registrant will receive access information, handouts and sign-in sheet prior to webinar via email. Registrant will also need to sign and return the sign-in sheet so we may verify the registrant’s attendance for those registrants desiring CE credit.