CLTA's 111th Annual Convention
Ojai Valley Inn
April 22-24, 2018
On behalf of the CLTA Board and staff, thank you for attending CLTA’s 111th Annual Convention at the Ojai Valley Inn in Ojai, CA. The CLTA sincerely appreciates the continued support of all of the industry sponsors and attendees. Please continue below for the electronic versions of the presentations made during the Business Program held on April 23, 2018, along with other convention highlights.
CLTA Elects New Officers:
The CLTA Board of Governors and membership at large elected the following Officers to serve from July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019.
- President - Kevin Chiarello, Fidelity National Title Group
- 1st Vice President - Dia Demmon, North American Title Company
- 2nd Vice President - Dennis Wolfe, First American Title Company
- Treasurer - Randall Bradley, Placer Title Company
- Immediate Past President - Jeff Kerns, Yosemite Title Company
CLTA Industry Awards:
- Presidential Award:
- Nancy Tarr, First American Title Insurance Company
- Don Partington, Fidelity National Title Group
- Honorary Membership:
- Patricia Laffin, Placer Title Company
CLTA congratulates these hard-working title industry leaders! CLTA is honored by the many contributions each of these individuals has made to the CLTA and to the California title industry.
Business Program Presentations:
Platinum Sponsor Presentations:
This year, the CLTA-PAC has raised over a total of $70,000 for the CLTA-PAC. This was raised through CLTA dues along with tickets sold for the CLTA-PAC Wine Tour, CLTA-PAC Golf Tournament, CLTA-PAC Silent Auction and corporate and personal contributions (see links below).
If you would like to make a personal or corporate contribution to the CLTA-PAC, please click HERE.
This year, the CLTA raised over $3,200 at the Annual CLTA-PAC Silent Auction. The CLTA gives a HUGE THANK YOU for the following donations...
- Apple HomePod + AppleCare (Value: $420) donated by Cal-Sierra Title Company
- Los Angeles Dodgers vs. San Francisco Giants – 4 Tickets (Value: $500) donated by Title Resource Guaranty Company
- San Francisco Giants v. San Diego Padres - 4 Tickets (Value: $268) donated by Steyer Lowenthal Boodrookas Alvarez & Smith LLP
- Two bottles of 2012 Daou Vineyards ''Soul of a Lion' Cabernet Sauvignon + Member's Only Box (Value: $319) donated by Steve Tjaden
- Two bottles of 2013 Silver Oak Cabernet Sauvignon (Value: $250) donated by Placer Title Company
- Catered Lunch for your Office (Value: $200) donated by Qualia
- 2010 Sea Smoke Ten Pinot Noir (Value: $178); 2009 Saxum Paderewski Red Blend (Value: $142) and 2012 Paul Lato Suerte Pinot Nori (Value: $95) donated by Donald Partington
- 2015 Thierry Allemand Cornas Reynard (Value: $245) and 2015 Thierry Allemand Cornas Chaillot (Value: $215) donated by Rick Kersenbrock
- Amazon Echo Smart Speaker (Value: $99) donated by First American Title Ins Co
- 2014 James Cole Cabernet Sauvignon, 2014 Buonchristiani Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc + Dual Leather Wine Tote and Wine Tools (Value: $150); and 2012 Cannonball Cabernet Magnum (Value: $55) donated by Mechanics Bank
- Two bottles of 2012 Foley Johnson Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (Value: $120) donated by Kevin Chiarello
- Beverage Basket with champagne, liquers, chocolate and more (Value: $150) donated by Parker Zubkoff
- Movie Basket with bottles of wine, movie box set, candy and much more (Value: $90) donated by Mary Jean Pedneau of Parker Zubkoff
- California Land Titles Book, Circa 1936 (Value: Priceless) donated by Lawrence Lacombe
If you haven't had a chance to review the 2017/18 CLTA Annual Report you can do so HERE.
Please take a moment to view the event photos.
Finally, thank you to all of the Sponsors of the 111th Annual Convention - we could not hold the annual convention without their support! For a list of this year's Platinum, Gold and Silver sponsors, please click HERE.
See you next year!