CLTA is pleased to offer: New Laws / New Cases 2016, a 1.5-hour recorded webinar delivered right to your desktop Participants requesting MCLE or PD will receive 1.5 CE credit for participating in the webinar.
Recorded: January 18, 2017 (1.5 hrs)
What is Covered:
- Legislative Successes and Political Challenges
- Common Legislative Proposals Facing the Title Industry
- New Laws
- Fix a mistake: re-record documents (AB 1974)
- Identify the signer: documents for the notary (AB 2566 / SB 977)
- Make a payment: delinquent taxes (AB 2291)
- Notice of a foreclosure: when the borrower is dead (SB 1150)
- New Cases
- In re: Tracht Gut: is a purchaser at a tax sale protected from the Bankruptcy Court's power to set aside a transfer?
- Yvanova v. New Century Mortgage Corporation: a wrongful foreclosure case that was decided in favor of the debtor!
- Carne v. Worthington: when is a transfer of title valid without a deed?
- Friends of Martin's Beach v. Martin's Beach I LLC: wetlands cases are alive and well in Northern California.
- Walters v. Boosinger: is there such a thing as a void deed?
- Lee v. Rich: what remedy does a homeowner have when there is a bad sheriff's sale?
- Friends of Hastain Trail v. Coldwater Development: implied dedication
- And more!
CLTA Members: $15.00
- Cynthia Long, Senior Vice President and Regional Counsel, Old Republic Title Company
- Laura Lowe, Underwriting Counsel, Old Republic Title Company
- Craig Page, California Land Title Association
- Tom Imperiale, Senior Underwriting Counsel, First American Title Insurance Company
Great education at an AFFORDABLE price! Delivered directly to your office by LIVE WEBINAR!
Cost is only $15.00 per connection (one computer) for members, $25.00 per connection (one computer) for non-members. Price includes 1.5 hours MCLE/PD credit. The registrant will receive access information, handouts and sign-in sheet prior to webinar via email. Registrant will also need to sign and return the sign-in sheet so we may verify the registrant’s attendance for those registrants desiring CE credit.
REGISTRATION AND CANCELLATIONS:
Registration fee is for one single connection (one computer). NO REFUNDS will be granted on or after access information has been sent.
Do you have colleagues and associates who might benefit from these webinars? Please forward a link to this event.