Webinar Recording | Fraud in the Real Estate Industry, My How it Has Changed
Recorded: September 12, 2018
CLTA is pleased to offer this webinar recording as an important informational tool. This recording is 1.00 hours in length, as originally presented on September 12, 2018.
NOTE: This webinar is for informational purposes only and is not intended to act as, nor it should be relied upon or construed as, legal or business practice advice.
- Mortgage fraud was the biggest crime we had to defend against?
- Sellers drawing against their line of credit the day before closing was one of our biggest losses?
- Counterfeit “official checks” being deposited into escrow were one of the biggest scams being perpetrated against our industry?
Now the FBI reports Business E-mail Compromise (BEC) scams targeting the real estate industry are on the rise 1100%. That’s not a typo, from calendar year 2015 to 2017, there was over an 1100% rise in the number of BEC scams reported to the FBI regarding real estate transactions and an almost 2200% rise in the reported monetary loss. I would much rather fight mortgage fraud!
In this session, we discussed:
- Real Property theft by imposters
- Using other people's properties as collateral for hard money loans
- Diverted wire transfers
- CLTA Members: $20.00 | Non-Member: $45.00 | Upon purchase a downloadable attachment will be made available to the purchaser.
- Upon purchase, a downloadable .PDF containing instructions on how to access the recording will be sent automatically via e-mail. Contact CLTA staff if you do not receive your access instructions.
- Lisa A. Tyler | National Escrow Administrator, Fidelity National Financial, Inc.
- Tom Imperiale | Senior Underwriting Counsel, First American Title Insurance Company