Webinar Recording | New Laws / New Cases 2019
Recorded: January 7, 2020
CLTA is pleased to offer this webinar recording as an important informational tool. This recording is 1.25 hours in length, as originally presented on January 7, 2020.
NOTE: This webinar is for informational purposes only and is not intended to act as, nor it should be relied upon or construed as, legal or business practice advice.
What is Covered:
- New Laws
- Amendments to the California Consumer Privacy Act (AB 25 / AB 874 / AB 1355)
- Substitution of Trustee - Refusal/Resignation (SB 306)
- Recording Fees (AB 212)
- Confidentiality in Civil Proceedings (AB 800)
- Defensible Space Abatement Liens (SB 190)
- New Cases
- Dr. Leevil v. Westlake Health Care Center: Will the California Supreme Court overturn an appellate court decision to allow Dr. Leevil to prevail?
- Citrus El Dorado v. Chicago Title: What tort liability do trustees take on when conducting a foreclosure?
- Washington v. Real Time Resolution: Understand the basics of a ch. 20.
- Longview v. Stirling: A judgment lien was filed by a suspended corporation. Is it void or valid?
- Precision Framing v. Luzuriaga: What happens when a mechanics lien claimant files a lien too early?
- Southern California Edison v. Severns: What does “free access” mean?
- ...and More!
- CLTA Members: $25.00 | Non-Member: $50.00 | Upon purchase a downloadable attachment will be made available to the purchaser.
- Upon purchase, a downloadable .PDF containing instructions on how to access the recording will be sent automatically via e-mail. Contact CLTA staff if you do not receive your access instructions.
- Laura Lowe | Senior Vice President, Regional Chief Underwriting Counsel - Old Republic Title Co.
- Craig Page | Executive Vice President and Counsel - California Land Title Assn.
- Steve Tjaden | Senior Vice President, Operations Advisor - Old Republic Title Co.
- Tom Imperiale | Senior Underwriting Counsel, Agent Advantage, First American Title Insurance Company